As a reminder for futur Apache configuration on a Suse server:
- Edit ‘/etc/sysconfig/apache2‘, add ‘rewrite‘ to ‘APACHE_MODULES‘ parameter
- Edit ‘/etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf‘, add ‘LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib64/apache2-prefork/mod_rewrite.so‘ to the list of modules
- Restart Apache server: /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
This weekend, we build a media center to share a 500Go disk on the network (+150Go internal drive), using Ubuntu 7.10 and various open-source software.
Here is a list of them, and some links to ease their uses.
- WordPress: to keep information about different login/password, configuration and link to each tool.
- Torrentflux: a php bittorrent client, so anybody on the network can add torrent in it, and we can easily control the bandwith consumption.
- MythTv: with all our media library in one place, anybody on the network can launch MythTv and access categorised movies/music
- Network File System
Any advice, tools to add to this configuration? Might be really great to use the NFS as a TimeMachine, and easily back all our important data this way.
After installing TorrentFlux on our Las Indias media center, we had some problem to use the Mininova search engine included in TorrentFlux.
To install the new engine, just copy the mininovaEngine.php in your torrentflux/searchEngines/ directory.
Some friends (Flamingo and Adrien) playing with QuicktimeVR at home, use Shift/Ctrl to zoom in/out. See it…
Reprap parts are now available on www.bitsfrombytes.com and ready to order!
From the Reprap Builder blog post, a complete kit with motors will be available in next days for a 300Â£ + VAT price, it’ll surely help a lot of reprappers who already have all electronic ready and just need all these parts to finish the cartasian robot.
There are some interesting options if you choose to buy the moulded parts kit: you can ask them to be prepared if you do not have necessary tools to drill the holes, and you can choose the resin color to customized your own reprap.
The scope of supply provided for each kit will be a great help too for people who already have some parts (like the extruder) from the RRRF store, and just need to order the cartasian robot parts.
Order will be placed this week to Madrid, hoping it’ll arrive next week to build it before Christmas.