- Adaptive Layout Technique: last article from A List Apart that describes a technique to adapt your layout on the client screen resolution. This would be commonly used in coming months, bye bye fixed layout for developper/contractor screen setup;
- Rails Rubyisms Advent: a simple day-by-day tutorial to learn new small tips in Ruby;
- Rails Advent Calendar: another advent calendar from RubyInside.com to ruby developpers, with a link to some interesting screencasts from the San Diego Ruby User Group.
A Christmas gift for Florent, a really addictive drug for real gamers: stupid, simple and time wasters web games.
- Chaos Theory: A simple chain reaction game. 3 clicks to finish the game;
- iSketch: Dessinez c’est gagnÃ© on the web, with french room to play with correct vocabulary;
- Bendito machine: Not a game, just a super great animation;
- zWok!: Excellent worms-like online with multiplayer gamplay and profile to upgrade. Days to waste here;
- Nest of Moai: Just for fun. First level is a bit hard, but humour is present in the rest of the game;
- Line Rider: Draw a line to make your slider ride his ludge. No goals, create your own, like “the biggest just ever” or “as many loops as possible“.
There is another game with a kind of spaceship drilling earth to get metal, going back to surface to buy fuel and vaious upgrade. If someone can find it for me, I’ll be grateful.
It’s a bit the opposite of ‘Humanity saves time‘ philosophy, but hey, we all love games.
Here is a list to be completed until 31st of December 2006.
- Meeting again Christine after not seeing her for 2 years
- Trip to Tenerife for Hifi workgroup
- Having a half-hour walk every morning to go to work
- Lots of picnics in Toulouse parks
- Dreaming about being late at work, and waking up as a new Freelancer
- Making cakes every week
- Learning that my brother and Sandra are married
- Discovering the powerful color of flowers on a macro-photo
- Learning how to make simple origami, and having some boxes full of them to offer
- Buying 2 20Go Ipods for my birthday, one for Joan, one for me
- Offering a Threadless 12 month club subscription to Joan
- Building my own home network under a Linksys WRT54GL routeur, and a real server (SVN, Wiki, VNC, VMWare, …). Really geeky but wanted this for years!
- Hosting Fred for a few days in Toulouse, with all the needed ‘kick your ass’ reflexions he came with
- Learning Zen with Adam Watts, and feeling dizzy or really light sometimes discovering the power of life
I believe one of the purpose of any creation if saving Humanity time, just to have more time to create new tools.
Today, I’ve discovered a tool that will save few hours of my life, just to build HTML/CSS grid layouts. Simple, elegant:
“Software is all design, not manufacturing. Once you’ve made one copy, almost no labor is needed to make a million just like it. So everything depends on the work done by one person or a small team.”
“My primary ambition is to be a good ancestor, and though, by definition, I will never know if I’ve succeeded. I am pleased to believe that I’m giving it my best shot.”
The pursuit of Emptiness