Chaos Computer Club is organizing one of these great hacking congress just kilometers away from my holiday paradise. The temptation to spend a wandering day there has reached a peak last night, but I’ll have a better time staying with Chris and getting numeric feedbacks (blogs, podcasts, …) from the show.
Link to event info.
If you know that you don’t know, you will know,
If you don’t know that you know, you will never know…
A Christmas gift for Florent, a really addictive drug for real gamers: stupid, simple and time wasters web games.
- Chaos Theory: A simple chain reaction game. 3 clicks to finish the game;
- iSketch: Dessinez c’est gagnÃ© on the web, with french room to play with correct vocabulary;
- Bendito machine: Not a game, just a super great animation;
- zWok!: Excellent worms-like online with multiplayer gamplay and profile to upgrade. Days to waste here;
- Nest of Moai: Just for fun. First level is a bit hard, but humour is present in the rest of the game;
- Line Rider: Draw a line to make your slider ride his ludge. No goals, create your own, like “the biggest just ever” or “as many loops as possible“.
There is another game with a kind of spaceship drilling earth to get metal, going back to surface to buy fuel and vaious upgrade. If someone can find it for me, I’ll be grateful.
It’s a bit the opposite of ‘Humanity saves time‘ philosophy, but hey, we all love games.
Here is a list to be completed until 31st of December 2006.
- Meeting again Christine after not seeing her for 2 years
- Trip to Tenerife for Hifi workgroup
- Having a half-hour walk every morning to go to work
- Lots of picnics in Toulouse parks
- Dreaming about being late at work, and waking up as a new Freelancer
- Making cakes every week
- Learning that my brother and Sandra are married
- Discovering the powerful color of flowers on a macro-photo
- Learning how to make simple origami, and having some boxes full of them to offer
- Buying 2 20Go Ipods for my birthday, one for Joan, one for me
- Offering a Threadless 12 month club subscription to Joan
- Building my own home network under a Linksys WRT54GL routeur, and a real server (SVN, Wiki, VNC, VMWare, …). Really geeky but wanted this for years!
- Hosting Fred for a few days in Toulouse, with all the needed ‘kick your ass’ reflexions he came with
- Learning Zen with Adam Watts, and feeling dizzy or really light sometimes discovering the power of life
I believe one of the purpose of any creation if saving Humanity time, just to have more time to create new tools.
Today, I’ve discovered a tool that will save few hours of my life, just to build HTML/CSS grid layouts. Simple, elegant:
“Software is all design, not manufacturing. Once you’ve made one copy, almost no labor is needed to make a million just like it. So everything depends on the work done by one person or a small team.”
“My primary ambition is to be a good ancestor, and though, by definition, I will never know if I’ve succeeded. I am pleased to believe that I’m giving it my best shot.”
The pursuit of Emptiness