It was when reading Dr Nic blog that I noticed the big banner at the bottom announcing his availability for hire.
So, after a few moment in my source editor, this banner is now available as a WordPress plugin, with few options inside WordPress admin to select the specialities you want to be hire for 🙂
Download the Plugin or Follow the project on Github
Last week, Mininova has released a bookmark system for its users, it would allow remote downloading, but information are missing to configure Azureus/Vuze properly, here is a mini tutorial.
You can imagine the reation of channels on Mininova, give your feed to your friends, and all start to download the same torrents at the same time to improve your speed and share the good content!
- Create a mininova account, or use your own to login
- When logged in, bookmark icon will appear next to the torrent link. Example: Auberge Espagnole
- Click on the bookmark link, it will be add on your bookmarks page
Be sure to have the last version of Azureus
Installing RSSFeed Scanner plugin
Open Azureus, and go in menu: File -> Plugins -> Installation Wizard…
Select « By list from Sourceforge.net« , and select the plugin RSS Feed Scanner in the list, click Next and Install
Configuring RSSFeed Scanner plugin
Go in menu: File -> Plugins -> RSSFeed Scanner, select « Options » tab
Adding a RSS Feed URL
Click on the « + » next to the top box
- Give it a name
- Set the URL you’ll find on your bookmarks page on mininova (called Your personal RSS feed)
- press « Enabled«
- and save
Adding a Filter
Click on the « + » next to the bottom box
- Give it a name
- Set the filter to « ^http«
- Select « Filter is a Regular Expression«
- Deselect « Filter searches title«
- Set state to « Forced Download » if you wanted your torrent to start automaticly
- Set Feed to your mininova feed your mininova feed you’ve just added to Azureus
- Set type to « None«
- Press « Enabled«
- and save
Go inside tab « Status », and you’ll see your bookmarks there, starting to download.
Paco wanted a wordpress installation with one purpose: test different themes for the same blog.
The idea was nice, but know it’s even more fun with this new plugin: user controls which theme to display on the blog they are reading.
Try it yourself on lasindias.info
There’re surely some more feature to add before the plugin is complete:
- Use cookie to keep plugin whil navigating on the blog
- Add form for admin to add or upload a new theme
- Fun factor: save last selected theme as the default blog theme, users now control your blog presentation!
Download Theme viewer plugin for WordPress
Thanks to Dougal Campbell for the original Preview Theme plugin.
Here is a 15 lines WordPress plugin to ping Feevy when you publish a new post on your blog.
Download it »
Enjoy! We keep it for friends before to release it to public.
Because we’re currently developping some WordPress extensions for Feevy, it’s time to integrate it on this weblog too.
Feevy Sidebar Widget
First release of Feevy sidebar widget, that would people using free wordpress.com account to get Feevy in their sidebars.
To test it on your ‘own-managed’ wordpress weblog:
- Download and install Sidebar Widget plugin. Your WordPress theme need to be compatible, or you can modify it using these instructions;
- Download and install Feevy Sidebar Widget;
- Configure your Feevy widget in Sidebar Widget configuration panel.
You can add up to 9 Feevy in your sidebar (or sidebars). It would be particulary useful for people using tags.
Coming plugin: Feevy Blogroll
This plugin will insert a new panel in WordPress Blogroll section, allowing you to manage your Feevy directly from your WordPress admin.
More to come soon 😉