- Adaptive Layout Technique: last article from A List Apart that describes a technique to adapt your layout on the client screen resolution. This would be commonly used in coming months, bye bye fixed layout for developper/contractor screen setup;
- Rails Rubyisms Advent: a simple day-by-day tutorial to learn new small tips in Ruby;
- Rails Advent Calendar: another advent calendar from RubyInside.com to ruby developpers, with a link to some interesting screencasts from the San Diego Ruby User Group.
A Christmas gift for Florent, a really addictive drug for real gamers: stupid, simple and time wasters web games.
- Chaos Theory: A simple chain reaction game. 3 clicks to finish the game;
- iSketch: Dessinez c’est gagnÃ© on the web, with french room to play with correct vocabulary;
- Bendito machine: Not a game, just a super great animation;
- zWok!: Excellent worms-like online with multiplayer gamplay and profile to upgrade. Days to waste here;
- Nest of Moai: Just for fun. First level is a bit hard, but humour is present in the rest of the game;
- Line Rider: Draw a line to make your slider ride his ludge. No goals, create your own, like « the biggest just ever » or « as many loops as possible« .
There is another game with a kind of spaceship drilling earth to get metal, going back to surface to buy fuel and vaious upgrade. If someone can find it for me, I’ll be grateful.
It’s a bit the opposite of ‘Humanity saves time‘ philosophy, but hey, we all love games.